Friday, September 4, 2015

Why care about Climate Change

Natural Selection and Adaptation. No species was meant to live forever. "between 200 and 2000 extinctions occur each year," (World Wildlife Fund). Extinction is a natural part of life. So why care about climate change. Klaus Winter once did a study and found that the rising temperature was actually good for rain-forest and caused tree to grow taller (Wade). It has now become a hot topic of debate across the globe as more environmental studies are being done. Should we use plastic bags, should we go green, what can be done? All questions that ultimately do not matter. Yes I recycle when I can. I usually get paper instead of plastic and I use a reusable water bottle.  Will I stop driving my car as much, no. Will I still use my daily necessities that end up in a land fill, yes. For me there is no reason to tip toe around it. What is done is done. Yes we can prolong the issue however unless a scientific development is made global warming will continue to occur. Natural selection will take place in one form or another. Leaving the earth in a state of a new world, for the process to occur once again.

Wade, Lizzie. "Climate Change Means One World’s Death and Another’s Birth." Wired.com. Conde Nast Digital, n.d. Web. 04 Sept. 2015.
"How Many Species Are Losing." World Wildlife Fund. WWF, n.d. Web.

No comments:

Post a Comment